I know it has been a while since I updated the blog, and it has been even longer since I published anything. I wanted to give everyone an update on how things are going.
First, I'm still writing. I'm writing every day. I've run into some physical and creative problems that have made things harder than usual. Here's an update on what I'm working on. No spoilers.
Super Babes 8
Progress: 50%
Problem: I've been struggling with this book because the action scenes haven't been working. I finally realized that the threat the Super Babes are facing isn't big enough.
Paragon is now at Superman-level power, so the usual enemies just aren't strong enough to be a real threat to him. I can't decide whether I should make the enemy more powerful or scrap the novel and start over with a new enemy.
Survive and Colonize 4
Progress: 25%
Problem: I originally planned book 4 to start with a few chapters set right after the end of the third book and then skip ahead six months. But as I wrote the part after the time jump, I kept having to explain more and more of what happened during those six months. It started to feel wrong to skip over all of that.
I realized it would be better to actually write those events, so I kept going back and adding more to the part before the time jump.
Now I'm thinking I have two choices. I could get rid of the time jump completely, but then I would have to move what I planned for book 4 into book 5, and that would mean coming up with a whole new second half of the novel. The other choice is to make the events that I originally planned to take months happen in just a few weeks. That doesn't seem very realistic
King of Kaiju Girls
Progress: 0%
Problem: I haven't even started this book because it has a problem that is fairly small but feels very difficult. The fourth book puts David and his kaiju girls into a completely new environment. Instead of working on his own, David will be working with an organization.
That was always the plan, but it feels like a huge change for the characters. I don't know yet how they will handle it, and I'm worried it could hurt the special "all in this together" feeling that has brought them together. I'm worried the book could end up feeling like something less special.
Undecided
Progress: 75%
Problem: None!
To clear my head, I started working on a new men's adventure series. It's planned as a trilogy.
I don't want to say too much about it yet, but it will probably be ready before the other books. The first draft is finished, and I'm now working on the second draft.
I know some readers will be disappointed that I'm not releasing the other books first, but I needed something new to work on. I hope you'll enjoy it. It has more action, more emotion, and more complexity than my other books. It will also have a beginning, middle, and end, which I hope will make it faster to write.
For everyone who is still with me, thank you. I truly appreciate all of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment